Composers, musicians, music and audio engineering professionals are invited to submit music files, sound effects and compilations for commercial use. Authors have the freedom to price content into 5 price tiers. This gives the flexibility for authors to choose a higher price tier for audio or music tracks that are more complex to produce, compose or compile. Each time a track is licensed and downloaded, its owner shall receive anywhere from 30% to 60% of the net proceeds from each track. The Royalty percentage is based on our 123rf Royalty Tier Chart.
2.0 Requirements to Contribute
You will have to fulfill the following criteria to begin contributing to this section:
- You have to register or and create a Contributor Account on 123RF.com.
- You are 18 years old or above.
- You must upload your Government Issued Identification to 123RF.com for verification purposes.
- Make sure you read the Audio Contributor’s Agreement.
- Please make sure your audio file are in there formats and quality:
- Mono / Stereo MP3 (320 kbps, 44.1kHz)
- Mono / Stereo WAV (16-bit 44.1kHz)
- Mono / Stereo AIFF
3.0 Uploading Audio Content to 123RF.com
3.1 Get Your Audio Contributing FTP Access Activate
- Once you are on the Contributor’s Dashboard, click ‘Upload‘
- Select ‘Audio‘ and remember to click ‘Continue‘ to proceed.
- Click on ‘Get FTP Access Here!‘ to create an audio FTP account.
3.2 Upload Your Audio Content
- Install your FTP client. If you do not have an FTP client, we recommend Filezilla. Click here to download the Filezilla Client.
- Set up your FTP client to upload to 123RF.com.
- Connect your FTP client to 123RF’s FTP server. Please use the following settings to connect to 123RF’s FTP server.
Server : audio.ftp.123rf.com
Username : your userID at 123RF.com
Password : your password at 123RF.com
- Upload your audio by dragging and dropping audio file into the remote server panel. Alternatively, you may also right click on your select files as the screenshot below. Then select “Upload” to begin the file transfer.
- Once this is finished, you may proceed to section 3.3 Processing Your Audio Content below.
3.3 Processing Your Audio Content
To start processing your Audio Content to 123RF, please follow the steps below.
- Access the Contributor’s Dashboard.
- Click on the “Upload” button.
- Select “Audio“
- Click the “Continue >>” button.
- Please read and understand the agreement before you proceed. Click here for the full agreement.
- When you are ready to continue, check the checkbox and click the “Refresh Uploaded File List” to reveal your process list
- Once the list is revealed, Click on “Process Files” to proceed.
3.4 Check your Processing progress
To view your processing status, you can go to the “Processing Queue” Tab.
3.5 Describing and Keywordsing Your Processed Audio Content
Once the file is completely processed. Go to “Complete Audio” Tab to start your keywording.
*For a complete keywording guide , please click here
3.6 .CSV keywording
If you uploaded a lot of file and you can upload your metadata of your audio files using our CSV embed method.
- Click on the “Upload Audio Detail CSV” Tab.
- Download the sample .csv file by clicking “Sample CSV file“.
Fill in the .CSV file by following the guide below.
After you fill in all the column in your .csv file accordingly, You need to upload it to embed the information to your upload audio files. Follow the instruction as the picture below:-
Once the uploading is done you can go to “Completed Audio” Tab to check whether the information is well embeded onto the audio file.
Once the information for your audio is full and complete, our reviewers will be able to review them.