Brushes and patterns can be used to make many cool effects. You can customize practically any shapes that you want easily. Once created, it will be saved and stored in your presets, ready to be used in your design.
Before & After
Lets get started.
Rays Coming Through the Window
1) Open your image. Image ID: 4196505 © Larisa Lofitskaya 123RF.com.
Draw long rectangular shapes from the ceiling and merge them under the same layer.
Slant and transform the shape.
2) Go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur and make the appopriate settings.
Next, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur to soften the rays.
Name it “Ribbon”.
10) Enter Blending Options to adjust the pink ribbons’ color.
Wrapping Text Around the Object
11) Duplicate layer again. Draw a rectangular shape where you wish to place your text (making sure you have selected the Draw Simple Paths option from the Options bar).
12) Subtract the area surrounding the model using a Pen Tool. With the Pen Tool selected, make sure the Simple Paths Option (highlighted in pink) is still in selection before choosing Subtract From Path Area.
13) Apply text into the rectangular area. You will see the path area automatically defining the space for your text.
14) Adjust the text Opacity to 25%
Create Custom Pattern
15) Create a new document of 4 x 4 pixels. Zoom in your document to the max. Draw a line (it should appear pixalated) as shown below:
16) Go to Edit > Define Pattern and name it “pattern line”
17) Now that we have got the pattern defined, duplicate the layer and go to Edit > Fill. Fill the area with the pattern we have just created.
18) Remove any pattern overlapping the object using the masking option. Adjust the contrast and color to enhance the result.
Make further adjustments to you liking and you’ll have your very own Breast Cancer Awareness poster!